The T-COR 8™ - A Real-Time PCR Thermocycler
The Tetracore T-COR 8 Real-Time PCR Thermocycler analyzes potential threats for the rapid confirmatory analysis of biothreats and high-impact veterinary diseases. In less than an hour, the T-COR 8 allows first responders in the field or scientists in the lab to confirm the presence or absence of a biothreat.
The T-COR 8 is the ideal point of care PCR instrument, offering all the features of a large, powerful real-time PCR machine in a small, portable package.
T-COR 8™ Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) technology
Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing is a commonly used technique in molecular biology to identify and quantify bacteria and viruses via amplification of DNA, using thermal cycling to perform the amplification. PCR can be performed in real time (RT-PCR), allowing users to view data whilst it is being acquired.
It is an extremely sensitive technique for biological materials containing a significant quantity of DNA, such as bacteria, making it highly applicable to the detection and identification of biological warfare agents.
Key features of the T-COR 8 PCR Thermocycler:
- Confirmatory results in less than 1 hour
- The system is "Cloud" ready - networkable (WiFi/Ethernet) for remote access and data download
- 8 independently programmable amplification wells which can run multiple protocols simultaneously
- Multiplex capable (currently FAM, DFO, CY5 and Texas Red) in up to 6 channels
- 26.4 cm (10.4 inch) touch screen with virtual keyboard
- 4 hours of average Thermocycling battery life
- Weighs less than 4.5 kg
- Integrated barcode scanner
- Custom protocol creator
- Auto Analysis with included Smart CT Software™ (Calls Positive/Negative)
- Data can be viewed in real-time in a chart or table format
- Data from individual wells and channels can be viewed
- Data stored locally via SD card
- Download report via network or USB thumb drive
T-COR 8™ Multiplex assay cartridges
As well as the T-COR 8, Tetracore manufacture dedicated Multiplex assay cartridges to detect selected biothreats, containing an internal control and dried-down reagents. The assay cartridges are ideal for use with the C2T Sample Preparation Swab.
Multiplex Assay Cartridges for the following biological threats are available:
- B. anthracis (Anthrax) Lethal factor (pX01), B. anthracis (pX02), Vaccinia
- Burkholderia, SEB, Botulinum Toxin A & B
- F. Tularensis (Tularemia), Y. pestis (Plague), Brucella
- Ricin, Abrin
T-COR 8™ C2T™ Sample Preparation Swab
Tetracore’s C2T Sample Preparation Swab is an all-in-one sampling system which is ideal for use by first responders with the T-COR 8 Multiplex assay cartridges. The simple to use pen-style system houses a removable swab, a buffer solution in an ampoule within the pen and a re-sealable pipette end, allowing the user to easily dispense the liquid sample whilst also being able to dispose of the potentially contaminated sample in a controlled manner.
To use, first remove the swab from the device, swab the desired area (or sample) and then return the swab to the device. Snap the bulb at the top, squeeze the bulb to move the buffer solution into the device, remove the cap and dispense the liquid sample into the assay cartridge.
Once a sample has been prepared with the C2T swab, it is suitable to use simultaneously with the BioThreat Alert® strips and the T-COR 8™ Multiplex assay cartridges.
Tetracore-T-COR-8-Datasheet-EU-Version-1.1Download (698.95 kB)
CBRNe-Detection-EU-Version-1.3Download (16.06 MB)