Gamma-category II low cost personnel portal monitor for indoor or outdoor installation
The PM-702 is a highly reliable system for the radiometric protection of special nuclear material (SNM). It is designed to exceed the criteria for an ATM Standard C 1169 Category II* SNM monitor which will detect 10 grams of HEU on a walk-through basis.
The PM-702 is suitable for indoor or outdoor installation. The system consists of three main components; two vertical pillars each containing an organic plastic scintillator detector, and a crossover pillar. An optional grated step through feature provides optimal SNM monitoring.
A numeric keypad alarm with an LCD display attaches to the pillar and provides both audible and visual alarm indicators. It is equipped with RS-232 communications capability. The system operates from an internal battery. The battery is constantly changed from the sites AC line during normal operation. Under normal conditions the memory should be adequate to store data for at least 3 months of operation.
The PM-702 personnel portal monitor was designed for monitoring applications that do not require the very high sensitivity of TSA's PM-700A or for situations that require a semi-portable monitor.
- Sensitivity: Will detect 10g HEU or 0.29g 239Pu; meets ASTM Standard C 1169 Category II* for Pedestrian SNM Monitors.
- Detectors: One, 80"h x 3"w x 3"d (203 x 7.5 x 7.5 cm) organic plastic scintillator per pillar; provides a total of 1440 in3 (23.6 liters) per system.
- Alarm level: N8sigma, entered from the numeric keypad.
- Alarm Indication: Audible and visual alarms.
- Display: LCD, 4 lines x 20 characters.
- Communications: RS-232 communications capability.
- Data storage: 128k bytes of battery backed RAM is used to store average hourly background data and alarm data. Under normal conditions the memory should be adequate to store data for at least 3 months of operation.
- Power Requirements: 12 V sealed, rechargeable lead-acid battery charged by 90 - 250 Vac line power.
- Dimensions: Overall size: 100"h x 48"w x 8"d (254 x 122 x 20 cm) The system consists of three main components; two vertical pillars, each one is 6" diameter x 88"h (15 x 224 cm), with 6" diameter (15 cm) crossover which provides 32" (81 cm) pillar spacing.
- Weight: 134 lb (61 kg) per pillar.
24 TSA PM702 DatasheetDownload (191.93 kB)
CBRNe CatalogueDownload (12.39 MB)