The BioThreat Alert® Reader from Tetracore offers a convenient, easy to use, consistent way to report biothreats with Tetracore’s highly reliable Biothreat Alert Strips.
Testing for 1 of the 9 key bio threats with a BioThreat Alert Strip will produce 2 red lines to indicate a detection. The contrast resolution of the imaging software in the Reader reduces the chance of a false negative result. The Reader also produces a report that can be saved or e-mailed directly from the device.
When a strip is ready to be read it is placed in the drawer and imaged,the image is displayed on the screen while processing is taking place,seconds later a result of ‘Positive’, ‘Negative’, or ‘Invalid Test’ will be displayed and automatically recorded with the time and date. Operator name and comments can be added to the reports.
- Capable of storing data on thousands of readings.
- Obtains results in less than 20 seconds.
- Fully functional ultra-mobile PC (UMPC), Windows based, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capable.
- Hand held, 2 pounds, dimensions 4.5" x 8.3" x 3.9"
- Includes rugged carrying case.
The best defence option for rapid, on-site screening of unknown biological threats
Designed by field experienced scientists for first responders. For use with the TetracoreBioThreat™ Alert Reader.
- Botulinum Toxin.
- Staph Enterotoxin B (SEB).
- BW Simulants.
- Proficiency Test.
- Sample Collection Kit.
As with any screening device; all results must be confirmed by a certified laboratory.
Tetracore BioThreat Alert Kits analyze unknown samples for the rapid detection of anthrax, ricin, plague, botulinum toxin A and B, staphylococcal enterotoxin B (SEB), orthopox (the family of smallpox), abrin, brucella, or tularemia. It is by far the leader in first responder field identification of samples for biothreat agents and is used by HazMat teams, law enforcement, federal, state, and local governments, and corporate customers. The BioThreat Alert assays have been utilized by DOD, DOE, FDA, EPA and USDA. BioThreat Alert Kits are currently used by over 900 HazMat and Emergency Response Teams as well as 200 corporate entities in the United States and 40 other countries.
The test strips are very easy to use and are similar to over-the-counter home pregnancy tests, based on lateral flow immunoassay technology. They are similar to the Department of Defense's Hand Held Assays (HHA's) which were developed by Tetracore scientists. Each kit contains:
- 25 BioThreat Alert Tests.
- 5 Cotton-tipped Swabs.
- 5 Collection Vials.
- 12 mL of BioThreat Alert Sample Buffer.
For detection of select agents (and simulants) in environmental samples. The Plus/Minus (+/-) ELISA format utilizes a positive row of capture antibody above a negative row of normal, same species antibody. The lower result can be subtracted from the top result to produce an adjusted result. It is the preferred method for complex sample matrices.
ELISA kits are available to detect a variety of agents including:
- Anthrax (B.anthracis vegetative or spore)
- B- globigii
- Botulinum Toxin A, B, C, E and F
- SEB (Staphylococcal Enterotoxin B)
- SEB (Staphylococcal Entertoxin A)
- Tularemia (F. Tularensis)
Advantages of using ELISA kits:
- Better sensitivity than BioThreat Alert Strips.
- ELISA format is friendly to samples from complex matrices: Food, Surface swipes, Unknown powders, Air collected samples, Air filters.
- Optional 'Positive/Negative' capture format reduces matrix effects.
- Kits are available either pre-coated with capture antibody or non-coated to allow for user flexibility.
BioThreat Alert Reader TXDownload (1.15 MB)
CBRNe CatalogueDownload (12.39 MB)