- Quality on highest level
- Long term stable calibration factor (guaranteed 5 years)
- Calibration traceable to different national standards (PTB, NIST, NPL)
- Inbuilt quality assurance system for permanent validation of system operation and data
- Fast transient response
- Automatic background correction
- No sensitivity to high air humidity
The reference instrument in radon monitoring
The new generation of AlphaGUARD offers high detection efficiency in radon monitoring, a wide measurement range (2 – 2 000 000 Bq/m³), fast response and permanent, maintenance-free operation with long-term stable calibration.
In addition to the radon concentration, AlphaGUARD simultaneously measures and records ambient temperature, relative humidity and atmospheric pressure with embedded sensors.
Optimal ergonomics, high responsiveness and a large digital display make AlphaGUARD a reference device to perform measurement and analysis everywhere from a lab to the field.
Reference instrument with high sensitivity
Calibration stability guaranteed for 5 years
High performance for versatile applications
Added data outputs (usb etc.)
Access everything via the front panel
Internal pump as standard
Graphical display for real time analysis.
AlphaGUARD is suitable as reference device and offers the following features:
Radon monitoring for all purposes
- Research & Specific applications, calibration labs
- Nuclear & NORM industries (mining, nuclear waste, oil & gas industry...)
- Monitoring Radon in homes& workplaces
- Soil measurement - Emanations from the underground are measured with the gas soil probe
- Radon progenies - Radon progeny concentration is measured with AlphaPM
- Water measurement - Radon gas in water is controlled with AquaKIT
- Air measurement - Thoron gas discrimination and measurement mode available
AlphaGUARD incorporates a pulse-counting ionization chamber (alpha spectroscopy).
Through optimal geometry of the chamber and intelligent signal evaluation this radon monitor is suitable for continuous monitoring of radon concentrations between 2 – 2 000 000 Bq/m³.
The DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology provides highly effective differentiation ability between “real” radon data and all kinds of artefacts.
Detector: 0.62 L pulsed ionization chamber
Mode of operation: 3D alpha spectroscopy and current mode
Measuring range: 2 – 2 000 000 Bq/m³, (<0.05 - 54,000 pCi/l)
Instrument calibrator error: 3%
Sensitivity of detector: 5 cpm at 100 Bq/m3, (5 cpm at 3 pCi/l)
Detector filling system: Design optimized for fast passive diffusion :10/60 min and flow mode : 1/10 min and overhead cycling mode
- Up to 60 000 measurement points
- ~ 400 days at 10 min measuring cycle
- ~ 2 500 days at 60 min measuring cycle
Autonomy: 10 days (40 days with external battery)
Dimensions: 329 mm x 355 mm x 123 mm
Weight (incl. Internal battery): 6,2 kg (13,7 lbs)