This personnel portal monitor is designed for monitoring applications that require less sensitivity or for situations that require a semi-portable monitor. Whilst is has adequate sensitivity for security applications, it is primarily designed for use in hospitals, laboratories, and other locations where radioactive or Special Nuclear Materials (SNM) need to be monitored.
- A deployable portal monitor for indoor or outdoor installation.
- Continuously screens moving pedestrians.
- Provides early warning of hot spots, e.g. on protective clothing, and has design features suited for monitoring radiation workers, vehicles or the public. The aperture accommodates pedestrians, wheelchairs, walkers, ambulance gurneys and strollers; and can also be easily adapted as a vehicle monitor.
- Fast head-to-toe coverage; allowing for maximum throughput without the need for excessive searches.
- Detects shielded sources, providing high confidence for security and emergency response personnel.
- Provides maximum coverage of walk-through pedestrians as well as wheeled persons and items.
- Easy to operate and manage - a numeric keypad with an LCDdisplay attaches to the pillar and provides both audible and visual alarm indicators. The system operates from an internal battery. Under normal conditions the memory should be adequate to store data for at least 3 months of operation.
- Very sensitive, highly uniform responses to gamma radiation.
- Quick and easy to set up.
- Lightweight construction.
- Easy to relocate.
- Cost effective, reliable detection.
- Controller can be remotely operated.
- Excellent price/performance ratio.
- Powered by AC or D-cell batteries.
- Monitors gamma radiation.
- Wide, full length detectors.
- Backlit display.
- Brighter lamps.
|Detector volume||Two BC408 plastic scintillators, each 1829 mm x 75 mm x 38 mm (72" x 3" x 1.5"), 6483", 1.6 mm (0.063") lead shielding around three sides over the full length.|
|Sensitivity||< 1 µCi under ambient conditions (RDA); 137Cs|
|Energy range||60 keV to 3 MeV|
|Walk-through time||2 seconds|
|Controller||4 x 20 character alphanumeric LCD display with password-protected keypad for: counting interval, N' STD DEV radiation alarm level, high/low background alarm levels, occupancy hold-in,lower level discriminator, upper level discriminator, date/time.|
|Indicators||Visible: Green 'ready/clear' light; red 'alarm/fault' light.
Audible: Loud signal.
|Operating temperature||-20°C to +50°C (-4 to +122°F)|
|Dimensions||Assembled: 2310 mm x 930 mm x 610 mm (91" x 36.5" x 24")
Packed: 2032 mm x 457 mm x 457 mm (80" x 18" x 18")
|Weight||40 kg (90 lb)|
|Power requirements||90 to 264 VAC 47 to 63 Hz 50 VAC or six alkaline D-cells.|
TPM 903B Dep Ped Portal Monitor DatasheetDownload (922.43 kB)
CBRNe CatalogueDownload (12.39 MB)