Serstech 100 Indicator - Raman Spectrometer for chemical analysis
The Serstech 100 Indicator can identify solid and liquid chemical substances in seconds.
The handheld device is a robust system, using libraries to analyze and identify explosives, narcotics, hazardous substances, chemical warfare agents and pharmaceuticals.
The system uses Raman Technology, allowing the user to analyze chemicals through clear, translucent and amber glass and plastics, minimizing the operator’s exposure to the substances under analysis. The Serstech 100 Indicator requires no consumables and no factory calibration, with no associated maintenance costs.
Ideal for use by First Responders, the Serstech 100 Indicator is simple to use, compact, ruggedised and lightweight, ideal for use in white powder and unknown chemical incidents.
Serstech 100 Indicator Raman Spectrometer key features:
- Handheld and portable in the field.
- Easy to understand indicator display.
- Multiple scanning methods. Screen a sample for the presence of a restricted substance. Identify all the unknown substances in a sample or verify to search for a match to one specific substance.
- Measure through vials, transparent and translucent glass or plastic bottles, containers or bags. No sample preparation needed.
- Insensitive to water
- IP67 rated, MIL-STD-810G vibration and drop tested
- Constantly keep up with new chemical substances and create your own libraries from your own measurements using ChemDash.
- Manage your devices, measurements, spectra and reports, across your organization with ChemDash.
- Add one or several databases according to your needs:
- Explosives – Includes military and civilian explosives, IEDs, precursors and oxidants.
- Narcotics – Narcotic and psychotropic substances from the UN Yellow and Green lists, including precursors.
- Hazardous Chemicals – Contains more than 2000 TICs (Toxic Industrial Chemicals) and other toxic or hazardous materials.
- Chemical Warfare Agents – Includes blister, blood, nerve and choking agents, and their precursors.
- Pharmaceuticals – Tailormade library developed for and together with pharmaceutical companies.
Serstech 100 Indicator Raman Spectrometer applications:
- Police Forces – illegal drug analysis – including fentanyls, ketamine and amphetamines
- Fire Service Hazmat Teams - Hazardous chemical identification, including toxic industrial chemicals (TICs)
- EOD Teams – Bulk explosives identification
- Military – Chemical warfare agent identification
- Pharmaceuticals – Analysis of active ingredients and excipients, raw material inspection
Serstech 100 Indicator Raman Spectrometer specifications:
|Instrument Type||Handheld Raman Spectrometer.|
|Laser Excitation Wavelength||785 mm|
|Laser Output Power||3 levels available, max 300mW|
|Max Spectral Range||400 cm-1 to 2,300 cm-1|
|Spectral Resolution||8-10 cm-1|
|Detector Type||Linear CCD Array|
|Display||3.5 inch transmissive color TFT with LED backlighting.|
|Memory||100 000 measurements (16 GB)|
|Data Formats||Text, .txt, .csv, .jcamp|
|Connectivity||USB 2.0. WiFi and Ethernet (optional).|
|Battery||Rechargeable. More than 8 hours of typical use. Can be extended with standard mobile power banks.|
|Weight||650 g (1.4 lb)|
|Size||15.8 cm x 10.1 cm x 2.9 cm (6.2 x 4.0 x 1.1”)|
|Operating Temperature||-20°C to +50°C|
|Storage Temperature||-30°C to +50°C|
|Included Accessories||Instrument, watertight case, shoulder strap, USB cable, laser aperture cap with calibration target, sample vials, point-and-shoot adapter, vial holder, 90° angle adapter, attachment point, AC Adapter 5 VDC/1 A USB for Charging.|
|Optional accessories||Connection kit with Ethernet and WiFi.|
|Start-up time||Less than 20 sec.|
|Exposure||Auto-exposure or manual exposure, 0.001 – 60 seconds.|
|Libraries||The total number of substances is more than 14 000 and libraries provided are Explosives, including precursors; Narcotics including cutting agents, masking agents and precursors; Chemical Warfare Agents, including simulants; Hazardous materials, including toxic industrial chemicals and Pharmaceuticals with a wide range of active pharmaceutical ingredients.|
|Warranty||1 year. Additional warranty optional.|
|Relative Humidity||5 - 90%|
|Approvals||CE, IEC 60529 IP67, MIL-STD-810G 514.6 (vibration), MIL-STD-810G 516.6 (functional shock)|
|Supported languages||Chinese, Danish, English, French, German, Indonesian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.|
|Type of Substances||Solid, liquids, powders and tablets.|
|Delay Function||Yes, 1 second to 15 minutes.|
|Additional features||User authorisation, event logging, scan time delay, user-defined libraries, user-added substances.|
Serstech 100 Indicator - SERS Kit
Low concentration drug samples are typically difficult to analyze by Raman Spectroscopy, especially those containing heroin and fentanyl. With Serstech’s SERS Kit for the 100 Indicator, difficult samples are no longer a problem. Used together with the 100 Indicator, the SERS kit allows fast identification of dark colored samples and mixtures containing low concentrations of drugs. The device is capable of detecting ppm levels of “street quality” samples, including heroin and fentanyl. Signals from the substance of interest are amplified, whilst interfering fluorescence is reduced.
Based on patent pending technology, the SERS kit utilizes disposable SERS surfaces. The disposable surfaces are available in packs of 20 or 100 pieces, together with sample preparation bottles pre-filled with the required solvent.
Analysis of low concentration drugs, including:
|Detection Level||Down to 200 ppm|
|Included in the package||Adaptor, 5 x sample preparation bottles containing solvent fluid, 5 disposable SERS plates, allen key for battery exchange, spare LS 14250 battery, quick start guide|
|Solvent||Methanol, 3 mL / 0.1 fl. Oz. (CAS 67-56-1)|
|Battery Type||Primary lithium battery, LS14250, 3.6 V Primary lithium-thionyl chloride (LiSOCl2), High energy density, 1⁄2 AA-size bobbin cell|
|Battery Use||Approximately 300 measurements|
|Dimensions||39 x 44 mm / 1.53 x 1.73 inch|
|Weight||67 g / 2.36 oz.|
|Weight, including case and accessories||905 g / 32 oz.|
Serstech-Indicator-Datasheet-EU-Version-1.0Download (849.85 kB)
Serstech Pharma BrochureDownload (577.48 kB)
Serstech SERS Kit DatasheetDownload (471.56 kB)
CBRNe-Brochure-EU-Version-1.1Download (14.52 MB)