Multi-functional survey instrument
The ADM-300 series of portable multi-functional survey instruments are rugged, reliable and designed for use in all environments. With built-in GM detectors, the ADM-300 will detect, measure, and digitally display both dose and dose rate levels of Gamma radiation from 10 μR/hr to 10,000 R/hr (0.1 μSv/hr to 100 Sv/hr) and Beta radiation from 10 μR/hr to 5 R/hr (0.1 μSv/hr to 0.05 Sv/hr). When coupled with optional external 'smart' probes, the ADM300 series of instruments can be used to measure, store, and display Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Neutron and X-ray radiation. 'Smart' probes store probe ID, calibration data and have an internal high voltage power supply.
This patented technique removes limitations such as dead time, coincidence loss, fold-over, and saturation in high fields associated with conventional GM detectors. This allows wide range detection with unsurpassed accuracy and linearity.
- Internal GM detectors for Beta and Gamma detection.
- Microprocessor based with easy-to-read LCD alpha-numeric display.
- Beta window for ambient levels of for contamination on'samples' elminating the need for a second unit.
- Analog and digital displays provide both trending and accuracy.
- Nine decades of operation (from environmental to accident levels)and will not saturate in over 100,000 R/hr field.
- Patented 'Time-To-Count' GM technology provides high accuracyand allows calibration with license free sources.
- Displays and stores up to 100 data points.
- Dose and dose rate alarms across entire measurement range.
- Switch activated chirper provides audible 'rate' for use in noisy work environments.
- Predictive algorithm provides estimate of time in the field before alarm.
- Illuminated display for operating in low light conditions.
- RS-232 serial port to interface with computer.
- Contamination resistant sealed membrane keypad switch.
|Gamma Detection||10 µR/hr to 10,000 R/hr / 0.1 µSv/hr to 100 Sv/hr|
|Beta Detection||10 µR/hr to 5 R/hr / 0.1 µSv/hr to 0.05 Sv/hr|
|Saturation Characteristic||Will not saturate in radiation fields as high as 100,000 R/hr (1,000 Sv/hr)|
|Internal Detectors||Two GM detectors, covers both low and high range measurement Low range tube has a 2-3 mg/cm2 end window for beta detection|
|Energy Response||Gamma: 80 keV to 3 MeVBeta: >200 keV (with shield option)|
|Display||LCD, backlit for light operation (optional SI units eg: Sv, Gy, Bq|
|Battery||100 hr of continued operation in 10 R/hr / 0.1 Sv/hr field at 25°C|
|Outputs||Serial Interface (RS-232)|
|Function Switches||Power, mode, light, set, audio, and increment|
|Temperature||Operating: -22°F to +122°F / -30°C to +50°CStorage: -40°F to 140°F / -40°C to +60°C|
|Dimensions||4" (w) x 1.75" (h) x 7.5" (d) / 101.6 x 44.5 x 190.5 mm|
|Weight||2.6 lbs / 1.17 kg|
Canberra ADM300 DECDownload (1.93 MB)