Thanks to its liquid collection media, the Coriolis biological air sampler's technology gives access to highly sensitive and specific results in only a few hours thanks to its compatibility with all biological standard methods, Culture, PCR, QPCR , ELISA…
The Coriolis Micro Biological Air Sampler
Coriolis Micro biological air sampler is an innovative instrument for bio-contamination assessment, mainly dedicated to air quality control and air quality monitoring in environmental and pollution research, pharmaceutical, food and veterinary industries, biomedical and in the health environment.
Based on a cyclonic technology, combined with a high air flow rate, Coriolis Micro offers the most efficient particles collection in 10 minutes. The biological particles such as toxins, virus, bacteria, moulds, pollens, spores are collected and concentrated in a liquid ready to be analyzed with microbiological and cellular and molecular biology methods.
- The most effective concentration of biological particles
- High air flow rate & long time monitoring option - up to 6 hours
- Compatible with any downstream experiments - divisible samples for several analyzes in parallel
- Flexible liquid sample output
- No saturation of the collection media for a charged environment
Biological air sampler technical analysis :
Split up your biological air sampling for different analyzes :
With a consistent liquid volume of 15 mL, the Coriolis prevents any saturation of the liquid media. It also allows the user to split up the final sample and thereby make several analyzes which guarantee the representativity of the trials by testing the repeatability of the results.
Bio-contamination air sampling results beyond the cultivable flora:
Analyzing by culture only allows the count of the micro-organizms able to grow on agar dishes. However, some biological particles in the air are not cultivable. By allowing the use of alternative techniques, the Coriolis biological air sampler enables the count of the total flora beyond the limit of cultivability.
Longtime biological air sampling:
Air quality monitoring during a whole production process in aseptic zones or biosphere control can be critical. The Coriolis biological air sampler equipment allows a continuous monitoring of the environment during up to 6 hours.
Patented biological air sampling technology
The principal methodology of the Coriolis biological air sampler is to transfer the airborne particles into a liquid sample. This liquid sample output overcomes the traditional methods' limits and is especially differentiated from impaction by 3 main parameters :
- High air flow rate to collect efficiently even very low diameter particles such as viruses – 300 L/min
- Long-time collection to monitor an area for several hours, a whole batch of production – up to 6 hours
Compatibility with any analysis method:
- Sterile cone prefilled with specific liquid sample
- Air is aspirated and drawn into the cone forming a vortex
- Particles are centrifuged into the wall of the cone and separated from the air
- Contaminants in the liquid sample are ready for analysis
Weight : 3 kg (with battery)
Dimensions : 22 x 33 x 36 cm
Air flow rate : 100 to 300 L/min
Collection time : 1-10 min
Collected particles sizes : from 0.5 micro meter
Liquid output volume : 15 mL
Autonomy on battery : 1 hour
Decontamination : Hydrogen peroxide
Plaquette Coriolis BDDownload (374.13 kB)